PLACE-EE Summary Video
This short video explains the PLACE-EE project and how it is working to improve life for older people in rural and isolated areas.
About the Project
The key objectives of the PLACE-EE project are as follows:
- Develop a participatory model of engagement with older people in remote and rural areas, using creative arts to assess health and social needs and use of public services.
- Exchange between older and younger citizens.
- Build flourishing social and cultural capital among older people through active involvement in creative and cultural activities. These activities and products will be documented and archived.
- Establish a transnational forum for cultural exchange for older citizens (and young counterparts) across the NPA.
- Document and evaluate a model of transferable, sustainable best practice and learning for connected ageing across all regions in the NPA.
- Disseminate the PLACE-EE Model across NPA regions, health and social care organisations and demonstrate opportunities for ICT services and app development.